Ashley E. Lorance
Ashley Lorance is an associate attorney who has been practicing in the areas of family law, personal injury, traffic and wills since joining the firm in 2010. She graduated cum laude from Hofstra University School of Law in 2010 with concentrations in Family Law and Civil Litigation. While in law school, Ms. Lorance was a member of the Hofstra Law Review, received awards for her pro bono leadership and public service, and provided research for the drafting of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act. She also served as an extern for U.S. District Court Judge Dora Irizarry in the Eastern District of New York.
Ashley enjoys helping people, and her best reward is bringing clients relief from whatever legal problems they are facing. She regularly takes cases to trial when she cannot reach a favorable settlement. Ashley takes pride in providing attentive and approachable legal representation to meet her clients’ individual needs.
While not practicing law, she enjoys reading, traveling, brewing beer, and spending time with her husband, son and pet goats. She has lived and worked in several different countries, including France, Germany and Scotland. Ashley grew up in Belmont, N.C., where her roots go back many generations.
- University of North Carolina, B.A., 2003
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
Bar and Court Admissions:
- North Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Gaston County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Family Law Section, Membership Chair
- Family law
- Personal injury
- Traffic law
- 2011 Volunteer Lawyer Program Distinguished Service Award – Legal Aid of N.C.
- 2011 Pro Bono Honor Roll, Educational Achievement Award, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Author, “An Assessment of U.S. Responses to Greenwashing and Proposals to Improve Enforcement,” New York State Bar Association, 2010 Professor William R. Ginsberg Memorial Essay Contest Winner (2nd place)
- Represented Hofstra University School of Law in the 2010 Pace Law School National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Represented Hofstra University School of Law in the 2008-09 William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition (Best Memorandum – Respondent)
- Excellence award for earning the highest grade in a law school course: Transnational Law
- 2012-13 Volunteer Lawyer Program Distinguished Service Award – Legal Aid of N.C.
Civic and Community Involvement:
- Board Member and Chair of Service Projects, Gastonia Evening Rotary Club, 2012-2014
- Board Member, Alliance for Children and Youth, Communities in Schools (Gaston), 2012-2015
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Family Law Section Chair, 2014-15