Call (704) 864-3236
Traffic - FAQ
- Do I need a lawyer?
- You can represent yourself, but you can often obtain better results if you hire an attorney. If you are from out of town, it pays to have a local attorney take care of it.
- How does a traffic ticket affect me?
- You receive driver license points and insurance points depending on your offense. Insurance points result in higher insurance premiums. An accumulation of 12 driver license points can result in the suspension of your license by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Will an out of state ticket catch up with me?
- Yes. The points for your offense will be transferred.
- What if I don’t show up on my court date?
- You could have an order for your arrest issued, so you need to appear or have an attorney appear for you.